Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Breakfast, bogs & books




My yesterday consisted of checking something off my "To-Do" list that has been there for awhile. You know when you are looking forward to something for so long and you've built it up in your mind so much that when it actually happens it's sort of a let down? Well this was not that. This was not that at all. I FINALLY breakfasted (is that seriously a real word?) at Jethro's Fine Grub on Dunbar and can say that it was well worth the wait.

I have attempted to eat there before but the multiple times I have been by the line up has gone out the door, down the street and probably ended somewhere near the border. The Mexican border. This time I arrived early on a Monday morning to beat the rush and only had to wait about 10 minutes. The reason for the long line ups is immediately evident upon entering when seeing that there are -count 'em- 8 tables in the whole place! The second reason for the long line ups is clear upon tasting the food.


La Nina Breakfast: Eggs Benny on Corn Cakes w/ Chili

Alligator Nuggets. Made from real alligator. Crikey. 


Peter's description of Alligator Nuggets: It's like chicken but stringier. 


As close to a gator as I plan on getting. 

Friends and food. Probably my two favourite things. (probably not in that order)



Post breakfast consisted of wandering around admiring houses, being filmed for what we can only assume is a bog-umentary, and buying 50% off books at Book Warehouse- the only upside to its departure. 



All in all a lovely morning. 





No comments:

Post a Comment